Tuesday, July 28, 2009

You can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm an experienced health professional, no time to talk

Whilst trawling through the internet today for news, I stumbled across a rather useful article in the Daily Mail (and it's not often that you say that). It's title is How to Save a Heart Attack Victim. It is a worry of mine that someone will have a heart attack or something and I won't know what to do, so I read the article with some gusto. I'm really glad I did.

Amongst other things, it has the following advice about giving CPR:

"Put your hands in the middle of the chest on the breastbone and push down as hard as you can, 100 times a minute (roughly the same rhythm as the 'ah, ah, ah' bit in the Bee Gees song Staying Alive; I'd sing it in your head, though)."

I actually can't stop laughing at that. I cannot think of a more surreal and funny situation than performing CPR on a heart attack victim, whilst singing 'Staying Alive' in a Bee Gees falsetto. On the plus side, I'm never going to forget it.

3 comments:

Hips Unhinged Ltd said...

They're on to a winner here. They could release an entire album (in fact, this being the Daily Mail, make it a free CD) of songs that would be appropriate - in topic if not tempo - for administering CPR. 'Total Eclipse Of The Heart' and 'Knocking On Heaven's Door' spring to mind as potential inclusions.

Chez Guevara said...

See, when you say it like that... I just imagine Tom Jones singing:

"My oh Caaaaar-
dial Infarction!"

to the tune of Delilah.

Hips Unhinged Ltd said...

Or the Doors singing:

"[I've had a] Coronary,
Start my heart"