Thursday, May 10, 2007

Keeping up with the News...

is something I really don't do. The only news I really get is when I go into the shops and catch sight of the headlines on the front pages. Which makes my life happier, but does mean that sometimes I get a little confused. For example, up until this evening, I actually thought Madonna had been kidnapped in Portugal. Turns out it's a little girl called 'Maddie'.

But even I have heard that Tony Blair has given the date he will be resigning as PM. Only history will tell how he will be remembered. I can't help thinking that he has mainly had good intentions; it's just that sometimes the road to hell is paved with good intentions. But the country is (probably) in a better state than he found it. However, will this now be the era of the Iron Chancellor, Gordon Brown? I don't think so. I cannot see the electorate voting for him, he is remarkably unpopular outside of the Houses of Parliament; and I can't help but have a sneaky suspicion that the forthcoming leadership election is not the foregone conclusion that it's made out to be.

No comments: