Monday, June 26, 2006

Annoying Adverts

Does anyone else get annoyed at those stupid Natwest adverts? "My shop open hours. My vocab no verbs". It irritates me so much. My kingdom for a fucking verb. It's just so smug. Especially seeing as pretty much every branch of Natwest in Plymouth has actually already been turned into a trendy wine bar. They quite simply can't close any more.

But that doesn't annoy me half as much as those adverts for shampoo and hair products, which promise 85% more 'shine', or to have hair with 65% more colour. How can anything have more colour than it already has? And how the fuck do you measure it? Today my hair is twice as brown as it was yesterday. Really? How can anything be more brown than it was before? It's a colour.

It pretends to give it a scientific basis. I wouldn't mind if they said it looks brighter, or 80% of people thought it made it look twice as red or something subjective. But to say that a hair product can measure something that is fundamentally immeasurrable just gets on my tits. I'm amazed they can get away with it.

And don't even get me started on those stupid Gillette adverts. "You know the feeling... you win... they go home..." I have shaving gel at home called Gillette Mach 3 Nitro. It's a fucking razor, not a Lamborghini. I await with baited breath the new Gillette Mach 3 Nitro Turbo Nutter Bastard.

No comments: