Thursday, June 29, 2006

Going Cold Turkey

No, not my heroin addiction (which I'd never do, just in case my mum is reading. Yes, I'm sure it's quite buzzy but it can be a bit moreish). I'm talking about the footie at the World Cup.

Even though I haven't watched every game, now that it's not on for a couple of days, I feel myself missing it. What am I going to do when it ends? I'm sure I used to have a life pre-World Cup. I wonder if the Government will set up a support group for similar addicts such as myself, perhaps using substitutes like recorded footage of matches. Just goes to show that absence does indeed make the heart grow fonder.

1 comment:

Chez Guevara said...

I know, I know... Just don't seem to be able to get into it this year. I've lost interest in tennis ever since the men's game was taken over by guys with a bazooker serve. I think they should be made to go back to wooden rackets. Would make for a far more skilful and interesting game.