Friday, June 30, 2006

Like Prawn and Thousand Island Dressing...

They're on a roll.

I'm talking about the mighty Azzurri. Admittedly Ukraine are not exactly Brazil, but I thought that they played really rather well. Zambrotta is looking excellent. Toni didn't get the hat-trick I predicted, but he did score two, so that'll be good for his confidence. Even Totti looked a bit better, but the defence is looking stronger than ever. With Nesta back, they'll be pretty much watertight. And the midfield, which for so long has been the problem area for Italy in my humble opinion, has got the Milan pairing of beauty and the beast (Pirlo and Gattuso) playing incredibly well.

They're going to take some stopping. I think they'll beat an admittedly resurgant German team comfortably, and it all depends on who they meet in the final... I think it will be either Brazil or England. I think Eng-er-land will have too much for the Portuguese, and Brazil Globetrotters will beat the old men of France.

But can Eng-er-land beat the Globetrotters? Depends entirely which teams turn up. I think that a lot will depend on the elephant boy, and which team Well aaah decides to put out. Lampard needs to play better. Stevie G is going to be important. And Terry needs to up his game. But there's the small matter of Big Phil first...

No comments: