Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Thoughts of the Day (& Night)

Today I saw a hummingbird. And surprisingly enough, they do actually hum when they fly. And hooray! The clouds have gone and it was bastard hot today, about 90. I spent a rather fab day walking up and down the beach, wading in the sea, and had a lunch of fish tea in a little beachside bar. Well, it was called Fish Tea, but was more like fish soup, really. I was quite disappointed, so may have to experiment with PG Tips and various fish when I get home.

Last night around midnight, Anna had gone to bed and I was wide awake. So I went down the beach, which is only about 50 yards from Anna's house. It was full moon and so bright, I could have taken a book with me. I stayed on the beach for a couple of hours, doing a bit of tai chi, as the waves crashed around me. Pretty amazing, I will almost certainly be doing it again tonight!

Oh, and I've stopped smoking too. So all in all, life is pretty good right now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It certainly sounds a most idylic and calming place. I guess its going to be quite difficult coming back to dreary old England, on the positive side we are suppose to have a really hot summer here so we all have something to look forward to.

Brilliant! well done with the smoking