Friday, December 01, 2006

So far, so good!

I'm about quarter of the way through the novel now, I've just finished chapter 10. So far I've written about twenty thousand words. I have no idea whether it's good enough to get published, but that's not really the point. Of course, once I've finished it, I will try and get it published... But I won't cry if it doesn't happen. It will be just enough to have written it.

I did consider putting the chapters written so far on the blog... But I'm a little worried that it might get nicked. I know it's not very likely, but you can never be too careful. Who knows, I might be sitting on a blockbuster, and if anyone's going to reap in the rewards of it, it'll be me! You do hear sometimes of people stealing ideas or even sometimes entire manuscripts of stories. If it's good enough for Dan Brown (allegedly), it will be good enough for some internet dweeb running low on inspiration.

But it has actually been remarkably easy so far. As soon as I came up with the bare bones of the story, the rest has just fallen into place. I'm at a bit of a crossroads in the plot. And I haven't worked out how it's going to end yet. But then again, I quite like that. I've got a couple of ideas about how it's going to end, but nothing yet set in stone. I'm sure all will become clear soon.

If anyone wants to read what I've written so far, let me know and I'll email you some chapters.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely! I'd love to have a read so that I can nick it and make lots of money myself, er, I mean appreciate my cousin's creativity.

As the great Tom Lehrer once said:

"Plagiarise!
Let no one else's work evade your eyes!
Remember why the good Lord made your eyes
So don't shade your eyes
But plagiarise, plagiarise, plagiarise,
Only be sure always to call it, please, 'research'."

Anonymous said...

Yes please, I would love to read it.

Anonymous said...

Stop. everything you are doing and get on with the book, I have just finished Chapter 16 and can't wait for the next installment.

Chez Guevara said...

There aren't any bad lines, it's all genius. My best line is probably:

"You can use my sleeping bag, if you promise not to wank in it."

Anonymous said...

Ah, Chez, cultured as always.