Saturday, December 30, 2006

What, no green eggs?


















Scientists in China have successfully bred green fluorescent pigs which they hope will boost stem cell research. I'm not sure how fluorescent green pigs will help stem cell research, but there you go. They created the pigs by injecting green protein from jellyfish into pig embryos.

'The mouth, trotters and tongue of the pigs are green under ultraviolet light' Professor Liu Zhonghua told Xinhua news.

It's a little worrying. After finding out that farmed Salmon are in fact fed dyed food to make them pink, I can't help but things like this don't bode well. Mind you, I'd quite like a red cat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What elsh will they fink of, first its like yea greeny pigs, then it probably will be like red coloured cats an stuff so what next huh, yea right like different coloured flowers? humph

Oh dear
I must not drink on new year's eve
I must not drink on new year's eve
I must not drink on new year's eve

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say "HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE"