Thursday, July 12, 2007

Cam-borne Again

Had a great time on Friday night. I was invited down to sunny Camborne by my friend Carrie for her friend George's birthday. As a regular reader of the Spirit, it was good to finally put a face to the name.

Once again we found ourselves in the notorious Corn Exchange night club and a great time was had by all. And as an extra bonus (for me at least), there was a techno trance party going on in their back room. Although it was slightly depressing to realise that I can't dance like a loon for several hours any more - I was knackered after about ten minutes...

But once again, we managed to convince random strangers to pole dance for us. I am always amazed at the fact that I am able to convince men of all ages to pole dance without getting beaten up. As superhero powers go, it's not what I would have chosen, but beggars can't be choosers. Here are some photos, including pictures of Phil* & Kelvin*, our random pole dancers of the night.

* Names not changed to humiliate the innocent.

George, the Birthday Girl

Sarah, who is in charge of our youth's future.

Yours truly, doing what I do best.

Carrie & her big bass man, Ross.

Random Pole Dancer Nr 1, Kelvin.

Random Pole Dance Nr 2, Phil.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And a chuffing good night it was to!!! Many thanks Jamie for making the trip down south to help me celebrate...forgot there was photos though, which probably fuels the rumour of alcohol killing brain cells!!

Where i was about to power walk with my new friend 'the pole' i will never know...John'O'Grotts for some Botham/saville charity-esque stomp....thanks again...now where did i put my shell suit and cigar!!!.....