Thursday, October 11, 2007

Tall Tales

Made a bit of a faux-pas recently whilst out shopping with my girlfriend. She was looking for a long t-shirt, so we'd gone into a shop called Long Tall Sally in Exeter, which is aimed at the taller lady. We were chatting about clothes sizes for girls - my girlfiend is 5 foot 10 - and she was saying that Top Shop also run a range for taller girls, but they're not very well fitting. Without thinking, I suggested rather loudly "well, they probably only sell to trannies".

With that, the whole shop suddenly went really quiet. I had one of those "did I really say that outloud?" moments and my girlfriend was mortified. Fortunately, it was only a group of shorter girls that heard me, who dissolved in a fit of hysterics. The shop assistants (who were all very tall) were not very impressed, though. Needless to say, I quickly made my excuses and left.

No comments: