Monday, October 09, 2006

Family Fortunes

Went to my cousin Graham's wedding this weekend in Bath, and what a great day it was. It was my dad's side of the family and some of the people there I haven't seen in perhaps 6 years or so. Like all weddings, there was some very dodgy disco dancing going on. None more so than Uncle Malcolm with my sister Zoe...



But was really good to catch up with the family again. We used to meet up every boxing day, but it's been many, many years since we've done that. So it tends to be weddings or funerals when we all get together.

And the wedding itself was great. And I couldn't help but wonder if I'll ever have one of those. I'd like to think I will. But who knows what the future holds? But hopefully it won't be another 6 years before we all meet up again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it was a brilliant day, and nice to catch up with everyone again after so long, unfortunately when families live so far apart its difficult meeting up. it makes it all the more fun when we are able to get together.
Thanks for the video of Zoe and Uncle Malc, well done I loved it.

Anonymous said...

Ah another male family member that dances like a frog in a blender, don't you just love weddings when all the weird Aunts and Uncles put on the dancing slippers( or holiday shoes in Dave's case)and boogie like a good un. Power to us old gits.

Anonymous said...

Haven't the holiday shoes been burnt/buried/mutilated or otherwise disposed of yet?

Nice moves. You and Zoe should have a dance-off one day. I'm not sure who dances more crazily.

Anonymous said...

Its not just weddings that us old weird Aunties put on the old dance shoes you know. I can do it at Funerals too, but it wouldnt go down too well. I don't get out much.