Monday, January 15, 2007

Just One Cornetto...

Is what my sister made her husband sing to her on the gondola in Venice. The damage that Walls have done to this beautiful city is unparalleled. But never mind, it was my first visit to Venice and what a place... We stayed at the Lido, which is a little island separating Venice from the Adriatic. So you get Venice on one side, the sea on the other. Absolutely stunning.

It is certainly the most romantic place I've ever been to, and considering I went with my sister and her husband, that's saying something (yes, yes, I know, I am from Suffolk). I spent most of my time enjoying the beautiful views, trying to get pigeons to land on my sister's head and chasing a Japanese man around St Mark's Square, trying to get a photo of the worst wig I've ever seen (see below).

I shall stick some photos on, which speak louder than a thousand words (no matter how nice the words are).

My little sister showing just how much she likes touching pigeons.

Inspired by the man covering himself in oats and being licked by horses, I recreated that using my sister, corn & pigeons.

Seeing how much my sister disliked pigeons, I did what any big brother would do & made one land on her head. By the way, check out the giant pidgeon on the right.

When we saw the man with the worst wig in the world (and this picture does it no justice), the race was on to secretly take a picture...

Taken outside an art gallery, this appears to be an eight-foot tall inflatable dog.

The Rialto Bridge, taken from a gondola (cornetto out of shot).

Just to show that I didn't spend ALL my time chasing wigmen or feeding my sister to the pigeons, and that I do appreciate haute couture as much as the next man, here is a picture of that big palace thing in the main square.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the pictures look fantastic. And I know what song I'll be teasing Tierney with for, ooh, at least the next seven years.

Glad to have you back, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Lower your head in shame, how could you feed your little sister to the birds, (it was Alfred Hitchcock all over again)
It was good to know you all had such a good time. pictures are fab.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good time was had by all ( except me cos no one asked me to go)
But hey while you were gonwe I got famous. Brag brag brag brag.....