Tuesday, October 17, 2006

From one extreme to another

So after a day of spectacular beauty, I then went to the other extreme and went to visit my friend Carrie in Camborne. I am of course referring to Camborne as being 'the other extreme', and not Carrie...

Camborne is a funny little place. It's deep in the heart of darkest Cornwall, and is one of Cornwall's many mining towns. World-renowned, according to their website. For what, I have no idea. Perhaps as being the punchline of a Jethro joke... But, well, Cornwall is lucky to have some of the most beautiful locations in the world. Let's just say that Camborne isn't one of them.

But I wasn't there to sight-see (luckily). I was there to PAAAAARTY! And so it was that Carrie, her friend Sarah and I decided to hit the town and moonwalk down to the Corn Exchange, which is Camborne's probably world-famous nightclub to strut our funky stuff and show those Camborne divas how it's done. And oh, did we do that.

The Camborne Siamese Twins strut their stuff








It was two quid for a double. Two quid! In a nightclub! That's my type of establishment. You can buy a round and still have change from a tenner. Amazing. Well, needless to say, with alcohol that freely available, things did get a little messy. Not only did I end up poledancing, I actually took it upon myself to convince other men to poledance too. And enough respect to the Camborne Crew, I didn't get my head stoved in; I actually managed to convince one or two do it.

If you look really carefully, you can just see the strings.







So all in all, it was one of the best nights I've had out in a long while. Yes, I had a monster hangover the next day, but damn it was worth it.

7 comments:

The Cornish Underground said...

Herecy! The streets will run red with the blood of the unbelievers!

Anonymous said...

If you can't see the next day, it was a good night.

May I get in a little gloat by saying that in my bar, a pint of bitter is £1.13 and a vodka and coke is 80p? *grin* Gawd bless the Army.

Anonymous said...

You certainly looked like you were having a good time. good on yer kid.

Anonymous said...

Damn it! You said you would publish the photos on here - but I stupidly assumed you have too much pride to humiliate yourself so publically... When will I learn? You HAVE no pride! Any man who pole dances in a Camborne night spot has no sense of shame!

Chez Guevara said...

Ah, how wrong you are... I do have pride... It's just not quite the same as everyone else's! Anyway, I'm not the one 'lurching'.

Anonymous said...

There is no shame in having a good time.

Anonymous said...

Oh the apostrophe in wasn't was just for you Little ZoƩ