Friday, June 30, 2006

I'll bet £50...

That tomorrow, you'll see at least one of the following two headlines in one of the redtop papers tomorrow.

'Argy-Bargy' or 'Don't cry for me Argentina'.

But what a surprise? Who would have thought the Jerries would have knocked out the Argies? To be honest, I think that Pekerman lost it for them with a very strange team selection, followed by some very dubious substitutions. I mean, leaving Saviola and Messi on the bench was one thing. Taking off both Crespo and Riquelme was very poor indeed. As soon as Germany equalised, which was always on the cards, Argentina just simply could not get back in the game.

Not that I'm complaining. I think that I'd rather meet Germany in the final than the Argies. They looked excellent. Although the Jerries are looking better. I think they'll struggle to beat Italy, though. The Azzurri are looking very strong indeed. I fully expect them to thump Ukraine tonight.

Despite his inability to hit a cow's arse with a banjo so far, I'm betting on Luca Toni doing really well. I hope so, he's in my fantasy football team! Here's hoping for a Toni hat trick, with Italy winning 4-0.

1 comment:

Chez Guevara said...

Yup. In the Sun and the Mirror. I should have put a bet on.