Monday, June 26, 2006

Rediscovering Old Music...

I've rediscovered The Cure. No, not the fat, bloated Jo Brand lookalike that Mr Smith is now, but their earlier stuff. They were my favourite band when I was growing up, and were just so damn good. It's always a bit strange going back to your old bands, seeing if they still move you in the same way, and damn, they do...

I bought 'The Top' recently off Ebay and today it arrived. What a great album, it was my favourite album for a long time... Their 'heroin' phase really was their best phase. But sadly, heroin is all well and good, but it's a bit moreish, and eventually they managed to stop. And although I'm sure as people they are happier, their music has never been the same since. I wonder what the link is between heroin and great music? Perhaps we should try giving some to the contestants on X Factor. I'm sure it would help. It would make great telly. I'd watch it.

No comments: