Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Congrats to the Azzurri

for winning the World Cup this year in what was perhaps the strangest World Cup for many a year. No truly outstanding teams, with perhaps the exception of Argentina. If ever England were going to win it, well this was as good a time as ever. And, as Gary Neville said, "In 2010 it's being held in South Africa, and it might get as hot as 45 degrees". Hardly likely, seeing as it will be in the middle of their Winter, but you never know.

I was a little sad to see that Italy's win was totally overshadowed by that nutter Zidane (did you see what I did there? Well, it was stolen from The Daily Star). Still, the Italians won't care. Good luck to them, I say. And I have to say, it was refreshing to see them finally play the attacking football I always knew they could play, rather than scoring a goal and then getting 11 men behind the ball, hoping to perhaps snatch a goal on the break. No, that was England this time.

But one piece of shocking news I did hear was that the French decided to have a post-final party to send off Zizou with a special performance from his favourite singer, Sophie Ellis Bexter. Later in the evening Police were called when she was found dead in the team hotel. Police have since confirmed it was murder on Zidane's floor.

I thangkyew.

No comments: