Sunday, September 10, 2006

Chez Guevara, the Naked Chef



















This was me on Saturday. Those of you that know me know that the food served at Chez Guevara is not the best. Invariably, it usually involves coming home from work to a combination of crisps and chocolate, washed down with the odd fizzy drink or two.

So, it may come as a considerable surprise to hear that I have been cooking. I decided it would be good for me to start eating properly. So on Saturday I cooked enough food for a month and put it in my freezer.

So what culinary delights did I conjure up? I made an apple and butternut squash curry; I made a lentil and vegetable soup; I made a Mediterranean lentil casserole; and a vegetable and bean chilli. I even made my own vegetable stock! I now have enough food in my freezer for a month.

So tomorrow is the start of a new era for me... A period of healthiness as never seen before. I've already stopped smoking and gone vegetarian. I'm going to eat breakfast every day. I'm going to take vitamins. I'm going to stop eating crisps and chocolate and fizzy drinks. I'm even going to join a gym. You never know. Give it a year, I might even look like the photo.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That photo is the reason I'm going to be in therapy for the next four years.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, that's a powerful lot of beans Mr. Guevara. I hope you've stocked up on air freshener.

Chez Guevara said...

Amazing what a bit of skill on Photoshop will do for your confidence. And as for Air Freshener, well, all I can say is it's a damn good job I'm single and I live on my own.

Anonymous said...

Bless you my man you are a god. I NEVER knew what a superb condition of a fine male you are beneath that suit. Do not get that six pack out too often or you may find feline visit from a over enthusiastic personal trainer. Keep up the good work and the baking sounds great.

Anonymous said...

You look just like your father, Dad told me to say that.
Im so glad you will be eating properly at last. xx