Friday, September 08, 2006

Throw another Barb in the Shrimpie













I hear that Jimmy Nail has been booked to sing Crocodile Shoes at Steve Irwin's funeral. Sting was Steve's favourite, but was considered inappropriate.

Yes, all the inevitable jokes are starting to appear about Steve Irwin. Some people are getting very uptight about it, and some people find them funny. I personally think he would find it all quite funny, I know I certainly would. In fact, I think I will put it in my will that there will be a prize for the best joke at my funeral.

I must say, when I go I don't want any pomp and circumstance. I'd rather not have hymns and all that bollocks. In fact, thinking about it, I'm going to plan my funeral. I think it would be good fun to work out which songs you'll play, what messages you'll give and all that. Yup. It would be the ultimate blog!

5 comments:

Chez Guevara said...

Perhaps, based on our fairly sedentary lifestyles, they can be persuaded to do a rendition of 'chairlift to Heaven'.

Anonymous said...

I want a decent amount of misery at my funeral, I'm afraid. I shall be most pissed off if I look down (or possibly up) and see people not crying. *grin*

Chez Guevara said...

I have to admit, there is a certain temptation to include perhaps Eva Cassidy's 'Somewhere over the Rainbow' and maybe Pink Floyd's 'The Show Must Go On' for real blub value.

Chez Guevara said...

Now that's class... I like that one. All I need now then is a wine collection.

Chez Guevara said...

Jazz funeral, eh? With half page obituary in the Jazz mags, no doubt...