Thursday, September 07, 2006

Crikey Flaming Galah and all that.


















Was quite surprised to hear that Aussie loon Steve Irwin has died. I half thought it was a joke, but amazingly it turned out to be true. I quite liked him. In many ways it's a miracle something like this didn't happen before. He was pretty unique in his 'poke something incredibly dangerous and probably poisonous with a large stick whilst talking very loudly' type way.

There was a great quote in the Guardian:

"It is most likely that Irwin would have preferred to have been killed by a saltwater crocodile, his favourite creature, but he would, nevertheless, have relished telling an audience about the creature which killed him, the stingray."

I think perhaps given a choice he would have preferred to have died peacefully in his sleep at the ripe old age of 90, rather than being ripped apart by a 5 metre long treetrunk with teeth. Or maybe that's just me.

And the saddest thing of all, it could all have been avoided if he'd been wearing sun tan lotion. Then he would have been protected against harmful rays.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

grrrroooaaaannnn!
Must you end a fairly sober yet amusing article on such a groaner of a punch line????
Where's your class, man?

Chez Guevara said...

Oh come on! I came up with that all by myself... And I guarantee that once the world catches up with my genius, that joke will sweep the world. And you can say that you heard it first here.